More than once over the years as folks have encountered my posts and other writings they have accused me of being
angry. The fact is I do have a lot of anger, righteous anger, I admit that and I am glad I do have. You see folks it is righteous anger that puts grit in our gut and prevents us from being just another lukewarm Christian with a mouth full of marshmallow words.
Jesus Christ said; So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of my mouth. ~ Revelation 3:16
Just some of the things that make me hot with
- I am angry that so many people are ignorant of the Word of God.
- I am angry that so many who say they are Christian don't know or understand the Bible and don't seem too interested in doing so.
- I am angry that so many churches and denominations have strayed from "the faith which was once delivered unto the saints" (Jude 1:3).
- I am angry that because of ignorance and carelessness on the part of so-called Christians, that the ungodly have been allowed to take over what was once a good and Godly country where morality and Christianity were the rule, not the exception.
- I am angry that the ungodly have been emboldened to freely speak blasphemy after blasphemy and many times not one person speaks up against them or corrects them!
- I am angry that evil is increasingly called good and good is called evil.
- I am angry that so many of those who profess to be serving the Lord only pay Him lip service.
You bet I'm angry! I hate sin and wickedness and it has proliferated to disgusting levels and even now is largely allowed free reign. It is a disgrace to each of us individually and as a nation.
You see folks it is righteous anger that puts grit in our gut and prevents us from being just another lukewarm Christian with a mouth full of marshmallow words.
After spelling these things out that anger me, I know some would not understand that I am a very friendly guy, have a great and abiding peace in my heart, yes, even when righteously angry. My smile comes quickly and easily as do my kind words to and for those who are not blaspheming my Lord. Saint or sinner I love you and whether or not I am angry toward you is based on your attitude and comments about my Saviour, Jesus Christ.
I have absolutely no anger toward those who are sincerely attempting to follow the Word of God in Spirit and in Truth, or who are sincerely trying to learn of Him, but I don't often find near so many of those people. Instead I am more likely to encounter those who have not read the Bible, who have not the Spirit of God, and therefore no Spiritual understanding or wisdom, but this does not deter their desire to argue. They often blaspheme God and the Son defending their unbiblical doctrine and practices instead of endeavoring to learn something they did not know.
Because I stand unmoving on conviction born of study and prayer, some accuse me of being smug, uppity, proud, and even things unmentionable.
Disagreement is not a personal issue with me. In fact I appreciate those who state their position and beliefs whatever they may be, however when it comes to the Word and ways of God there is no wiggle room. There is ONE truth and I will not concern myself with being overly polite or with being politically correct when someone is blaspheming the Word of God or potentially leading folks astray. Because I stand unmoving on conviction born of study and prayer, some accuse me of being smug, uppity, proud, and even things unmentionable. It is not my intent to come across as such and my heart harbors no such thoughts or claims about myself. I am nobody but a voice crying in the wilderness because I love the Lord and I love His ways and His rules (Yes, there are rules for Christians that must be followed).
Being often angry, I am in good company.
God judgeth the righteous, and God is angry with the wicked every day. ~ Psalms 7:11