- BELIEVE - You must come to the point where you know in your spirit, your heart, and believe that God is real, that He is all He claims to be. That belief then becomes faith that God has come down to man in the body of Jesus Christ.
- I AM A SINNER - Realize that you are a lost sinner, and are separated from God by those sins. Some have summed this up as; Good is not good enough.
- REPENT - To feel regret and to amend or resolve to amend one’s life as a result of contrition for one’s sins. In other words, make up one’s mind to live differently than they have in the past. To live a holy and separated life that pleases God.
- CONFESS - to God what you have come to know about yourself, that you are a hopeless sinner and that you also believe He alone can change your life and by His Holy Spirit, teach you to be pleasing to Him.
- OBEY - the Word of God forsaking your sins and the old ways of living, and thinking.
- READ THE BIBLE - daily and talk to God in prayer. Ask Him to help you as you read and study His Word.
- Many come to this point and they more or less stop. They never mature in their faith because they don’t read the Bible and pray. Church attendance is important but the wrong church can do more harm than good. You want to look for a conservative Bible believing church, preferably a King James Bible church for they are more likely to not compromise in their doctrinal beliefs.
- WALK - as a Christian should walk, giving glory to God in word, thought and deed. When you sin and become aware of the fact, don’t try to hide it. Don’t ignore it and take your Salvation for granted, but truly repent and ask God to forgive you. It is the devil that would have you delay repentance and eventually ignoring sin. This causes a divide between you and God and eventually affects your entire relationship with Him.
- Remember - Grace does not relieve us of our responsibilities to God as many today will tell you. To obey God and do those things He has commanded is not
legalismnor is it a
worksattempt at Salvation. Love and Obedience are intertwined and cannot be separated.
And [Saul] fell to the earth, and heard a voice saying unto him, Saul, Saul, why persecutest thou me? And he said, Who art thou, Lord? And the Lord said, I am Jesus whom thou persecutest: ~ Acts 9:4-5a
For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God. ~ Romans 3:23
Neither is there any creature that is not manifest [made known] in his sight: but all things are naked and opened unto the eyes of him [God] with whom we have to do. ~ Hebrews 4:13
...Repent ye: for the kingdom of heaven is at hand. ~ Matthew 3:2
And the times of this ignorance God winked at; but now commandeth all men everywhere to repent. ~ Acts 17:30
For Godly sorrow worketh repentance to salvation not to be repented of: but the sorrow of the world worketh death. ~ 2 Corinthians 7:10
If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. ~1 John 1:9
And many that believed came, and confessed, and showed their deeds. ~ Acts 19:18
For I will declare mine iniquity; I will be sorry for my sin. ~ Psalms 38:18
If ye love me, keep my commandments. ~ John 14:15
And being made perfect, he became the author of eternal salvation unto all them that obey him; ~ Hebrews 5:9
But unto them that are contentious, and do not obey the truth, but obey unrighteousness, indignation and wrath, ~ Romans 2:8
There is no better Bible than the King James Bible Authorized Version of 1611. It has a history like no other can have and a proven record of shepherding God’s people to be true Christians.
And Jesus answered him, saying, It is written, That man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word of God. ~ Luke 4:4
Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth. ~ 2 Timothy 2:15
God expects us to grow up in our understanding and our behavior. To become adult Godly men and women who discern [judge] between good and evil and to avoid the evil and the worldly.
Follow peace with all men, and holiness, without which no man shall see the Lord: ~ Hebrews 12:14
If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. ~ 1 John 1:9
For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: [your faith] it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast. For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure. Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new. ~ Ephesians 2:8-9; Philippians 2:13; 2 Corinthians 5:17
God has sacrificed His only begotten Son for you. That Son, Jesus Christ willingly lay down His life in the flesh and allowed His sinless blood to be shed for your sins. Now my friend it is up to YOU. Do you care? What about your own soul? Do you care about eternity? Are you tired of the direction your life has taken? Do you want to feel clean again and like a burden has been lifted from your shoulders? Then come to the cross of Christ and lay it all at the feet of Jesus asking His forgiveness.
All of your old problems will not disappear like magic as we have to live with the consequences of our sins. However you will have Jesus Christ fighting on your behalf, you will find those old problems are not so insurmountable anymore because you will have new strength and a new outlook. I write this to you from personal experience. My Dad at the age of sixty-one literally became a new man in an instant after having lived as a sinner since his early years. I pray this blessing of Salvation for all who will come to the Lord in faith and sincerity!
So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God. ~ Romans 10:17
I am always glad to answer any sincere question you may have. I know the Christian "lingo" can be confusing to the uninitiated. I've been there, so don't feel anything is too menial or silly to ask. It's not.